Sunday 3 February 2013

What Do You Know!?: Part Deux

Following on from my previous post on the handling of spells in Tunnels and Trolls I've decided that I am going to go down the colleges route with a twist.

At creation, a Wizard will begin play with all of the 1st Level spells from the two classes that they "majored in", with each class granting 5 spells.

If a Wizard tries to learn a spell from one of their majors later in their career, they will need to make an INT SR at that spells level to do so, double the level if it's a spell from a class that they didn't major in and, four times the level if they are attempting to learn a spell from a class that directly opposes one of their majors.

As for the actual schools of magic, I have a lot of ideas knocking around at the moment, including:

Fire
Water
Air
Earth
Medicinal Magic
Necromancy
Illusion
Enchantment
Shifting
Eldritch
Psychic
Prestidigitation
Alchemy
Scholarly
Witchcraft

Quite the list don't you think? Quite a way off complete too as I imagine that as I sift through all the currently existing spells and, add my own to make up the numbers, the nature of the colleges may well change.

So what do you think? Did I miss something that you'd like to see added?

2 comments:

  1. GURPS Magic probably breaks down the schools the best. There are a lot of different schools. Spirit, Sound, Light & Darkness...and more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool and, thanks for the heads up! :0).

      I will check that out today as I should be taking a trip to the FLGS later.

      Delete